Last week I bought a bottle of teriyaki sauce with sesame oil in it, at that time I had no idea to do with the sauce.Actually, I have read about it before but never tried it. So maybe it’s time to try new ingredient for new dish, I thought.
I made spaghetti with cod fish and teriyaki sauce yesterday. It’s tasty indeed. So today I tried new recipe with this wonderful sauce
– 2 boneless chicken breasts/ thighs. I didn’t buy ready-made boneless chicken breast/thigh available at super market. Instead of that, I bought a whole chicken then use a sharp knife to remove the bone. The remaining bone and flesh could make a great broth for soup.
– 3tbs teriyaki sauce, 1 tbs minced garlic and 1/2 tbs minced ginger, pepper, salt, 1/2 tbs chilli flakes, 1tbs lime juice
For the side dish, I have:
– sweet potatos, potatos, carrot, bell pepper, onion
– salt, pepper and butter to flavour
– First, I place chicken with teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger, lime juice and spices in a resealable plastic bag. Then shake to coat. Because the sauce has sesame oil in it so there’s no need to add more oil.
– Boil sweet potatos, potatos and carrot then toss them, onion and bell pepper with salt, pepper and melted butter.
– Preheat the oven for medium heat. I turn 170°C and place the chicken on the grill and the veggies beneath. Grill for 20-25 mins